The project consultants and Town officials held at least nine different public meetings where presentations were made and comments were heard. Some of those were the regularly scheduled Redevelopment Commission (RDC) meetings while others were held specifically for the purpose of receiving public feedback. The advertised public meetings were as follows:
- May 1, 2017, RDC Inventory Review
- June 5, 2017, RDC Update
- July 26, 2017, 4 to 7 p.m, Farmer's Market Booth - Estimated About 75 People
- September 12, 2017, 5 to 7 p.m. at the Recreation Center, Open House - 66 People Signed in
- October 26, 2017, 5 to 7 p.m. at the Recreation Center, Joint RDC and Council Working Session - 27 People Signed in
- November 6, 2017, 5:30 p.m. RDC Update
- November 9, 2017, 5 to 7 p.m. at the Recreation Center, Open House - 17 People Signed in
- December 4, 2017, 5:30 p.m. RDC presentation and Plan Commission Presentation
- December 11, 2017, 7 p.m, Council Presentation
We know more people came to those meetings than signed in. Furthermore, the town made Facebook posts about the planning process before the July 26, November 6 and December 11 events that generated a good response within the comments. The posted comments were collected and considered when developing the plan. An abbreviated video of the November 6 plan presentation was posted on Facebook.
Lastly, WishTV 8 did a story on the plan that ran in the evening news and the town posted that story on Facebook leading up the December 11 meeting. The Town will continue to communicate the plan and seek public input through its implementation.