I have locked my keys in my car. Can you help?

If a child or pet is in distress and is locked inside your vehicle, this constitutes an emergency run and you should dial 911.

When you accidentally lock your keys in the car, you can contact the Hendricks County Communications Center at 317-839-8700 to have an officer unlock your vehicle. This service is provided free of charge by the Plainfield Police Department and you must be the owner of the vehicle needing to be unlocked. Please keep in mind that a vehicle "Lock-out" is not by itself considered an emergency run and an officer will be dispatched to you as soon as one becomes available.

Show All Answers

1. How can I leave a crime tip for the Plainfield Police Department?
2. What is the procedure for obtaining a VIN check on my vehicle?
3. How do I get ahold of Animal Control?
4. Can I get a copy of an accident or incident report and how much does it cost?
5. How do I commend an officer or employee of the Plainfield Police Department?
6. How do I file a complaint with the Plainfield Indiana Police Department?
7. Can I file an incident report over the phone or through email?
8. I have locked my keys in my car. Can you help?
9. What do I need to do to get my property released to me?
10. Is there a cost for being fingerprinted for non-criminal purposes?
11. How can I register the security alarm for my home or business?
12. What do I need to do to get my vehicle released to me?
13. What do I need to do to get a handgun permit?
14. I have moved or changed my name. How can I update my information on my gun permit?
15. I have misplaced or lost my gun permit. How can I get it replaced?
16. Will the Plainfield Police Department watch over my house while I'm on vacation?
17. What is the proper way to navigate through a roundabout?
18. Is the Records Office closed during lunch?