What does TAC stand for and who should attend?

The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) committee usually meets twice a month and is comprised of Staff personnel representing the following departments:

  • The Building and Engineering Department
  • Department of Planning and Zoning
  • The Fire Department
  • Public Works
  • The Town Manager
  • The Transportation Director

Purpose of the Committee

The committee is used to review requests that have been filed with the Department of Planning and Zoning and as a forum for a Pre-filing Conference. TAC allows Staff personnel involved in the development process and petitioners, engineers or whomever, the opportunity to meet together so that any development issues with filed or soon to be filed requests can be worked out to keep projects moving and prevent any future potential problems. To request a Pre-filing Conference at TAC, please contact the Department of Planning and Zoning by calling 317-839-2561.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find the zoning for a parcel/property?
2. How do I rezone property?
3. What should I do before I develop some property?
4. What type of permits and fees are required to develop property?
5. What if I own a business and I want to put up a sign?
6. What if I want to subdivide my property?
7. What is the Subdivision Control Ordinance?
8. What is the plan for future development in Plainfield?
9. What are the Residential Design Guidelines?
10. What is BZA?
11. What does TAC stand for and who should attend?
12. What is DRC and what do they do?
13. If there is a nuisance in my neighborhood or a property owner I feel is in violation of the Zoning Ordinance, who should I contact?