What is BZA?

BZA stands for the Plainfield Board of Zoning Appeals. This board hears requests for Special Exceptions, Variance of Development Standards and Variance of Uses. They also hear appeals regarding decisions made concerning development.

Board Meetings

The board usually meets on the third Monday of each month. The fee for a BZA request can be found under Available Forms in the Fee Schedule. To find out if a hearing is required by the BZA, please contact the Department of Planning and Zoning by calling 317-839-2561.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find the zoning for a parcel/property?
2. How do I rezone property?
3. What should I do before I develop some property?
4. What type of permits and fees are required to develop property?
5. What if I own a business and I want to put up a sign?
6. What if I want to subdivide my property?
7. What is the Subdivision Control Ordinance?
8. What is the plan for future development in Plainfield?
9. What are the Residential Design Guidelines?
10. What is BZA?
11. What does TAC stand for and who should attend?
12. What is DRC and what do they do?
13. If there is a nuisance in my neighborhood or a property owner I feel is in violation of the Zoning Ordinance, who should I contact?