How do I rezone property?

Requests for rezones are heard by the Plan Commission at public meetings held once a month at the Town Municipal Building. The Plan Commission only makes recommendations for approval or denial. By state law, only the legislative body can rezone the property. Once the rezone request is heard by the Plan Commission, it is heard by the Plainfield Town Council, which is the legislative body governing Plainfield. Before a rezone request can be heard by the Plan Commission, it must be filed with the Department of Planning and Zoning at least 30 days before the next scheduled Plan Commission hearing

Meeting Schedule

View the Plan Commission meeting schedule (PDF). Before filing a rezone request, a Pre-filing conference must be held with the Department of Planning and Zoning. To schedule a Pre-filing conference, please contact the Department of Planning and Zoning by calling 317-839-2561.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find the zoning for a parcel/property?
2. How do I rezone property?
3. What should I do before I develop some property?
4. What type of permits and fees are required to develop property?
5. What if I own a business and I want to put up a sign?
6. What if I want to subdivide my property?
7. What is the Subdivision Control Ordinance?
8. What is the plan for future development in Plainfield?
9. What are the Residential Design Guidelines?
10. What is BZA?
11. What does TAC stand for and who should attend?
12. What is DRC and what do they do?
13. If there is a nuisance in my neighborhood or a property owner I feel is in violation of the Zoning Ordinance, who should I contact?