Franklin Park will be undergoing a transformation beginning Monday, June 5th! Phase 1 will begin with the removal of park amenities and fencing to ensure our community’s safety during this process. Due to the level of construction, Franklin Park will be closed to residents. Improvements are expected to be completed in December 2023.
In 2021, the Town of Plainfield hosted multiple public input sessions for the Franklin Park Masterplan. Plainfield residents had the opportunity to participate virtually or in person to provide their voice in the redevelopment. The Parks and Recreation Department took the community’s input to make the Franklin Park Master Plan to help enrich the future of our Town and positively affect the quality of life we provide to our residents. On May 22, 2023, the Plainfield Town Council approved contract with Patterson Horth for the Franklin Park Improvements Project.
New developments of Franklin Park consist of the following features:
- Crosswalk and sidewalk intersection improvements
- Enhanced playground equipment
- Dog park with shade structures
- Resurfaced tennis court
- Anderson Baseball Diamond enhancements and updates
- Full Court Basketball with side goals
- 8 Pickle Ball Courts with shade structures
- Path improvements to Pinnacle Lane
- Redevelopment of Franklin Park Trail Loop
- Enhanced updates on park restrooms and shelter houses
- Community Greenspace
- Additional parking
Helpful Reminders - Due to the level of construction, Franklin Park will be closed through December 2023. Access to the Vandalia Trail will remain open during the construction process.
Shelter Rentals, school lunch services, baseball leagues and summer programming have been moved to different locations for 2023. All future park activities may be scheduled beginning March 2024.
Be sure to hit “follow” on our social media pages, to see our construction updates!