Today Hendricks Live! and the Town of Plainfield celebrate the new year with the beginning of its roll out of plans, preview concerts, and open houses for the brand-new performing arts center that is set to start hosting performances this March. A grand opening celebration is planned for May with additional details on that to be announced soon.
"We are eagerly anticipating the debut of this exceptional venue, poised to become a community treasure," expressed Robin Brandgard, President of the Town Council. "Back in 2017, the Town of Plainfield embraced a Conceptual Downtown Redevelopment Plan, placing entertainment at the forefront for both residents and visitors. This development signifies a monumental chapter in Plainfield's cultural journey, one that promises to shape our community's identity for years to come."
Hendricks County is already home to great schools, affordable housing, excellent health care, shopping, and outdoor recreation opportunities. Adding convenient, high-caliber art and entertainment will enhance an already exceptional quality of life while fostering community pride, driving tourism, and serving as an incubator of the region’s creative economy.
“After nearly six years of planning and building, Hendricks Live!’s inaugural season is both a grand finale and a new beginning,” shared Dan Bridget, a member of the original steering committee for this project who now serves as Chair of the Hendricks Live! Board of Directors. “I am pleased to know our community arts partners throughout Hendricks County will have a brand-new, world-class home in the Plainfield Civic Center, and I am confident in Hendricks Live!’s ability to bring exciting programming to west central Indiana.”
Located in the heart of one of the fastest growing communities in the region, Hendricks Live! features a world-class proscenium theatre, a multipurpose event space, and a visual art showcase.
It will be the premier art and entertainment venue in west central Indiana with year-round exhibits and performances for all ages and interests. The 600 capacity seated venue is located at 200 W. Main Street in historic downtown Plainfield.
“This venue is going to be a source of pride for the community and a great resource for local and regional talent plus national touring shows in a truly unique, intimate setting,” said Chris Petrelli, Executive Director of Hendricks Live!. “We can’t wait for the public to see all of the hard work in action.”
Hendricks Live! is grateful for the generous support of The Hagerman Group as the title sponsor for the Hendricks Live! Grand Opening, which includes upcoming open houses, preview concerts, and an opening night celebration in May.
Over the next several weeks and months moving forward, Hendricks Live! will be consistently announcing shows and events.
Today Hendricks Live! announced:
- Community Open Houses – March 8, 9, 15, 16, 2024 at 11am, 12pm, 1pm, and 2pm
- Hendricks Live! will host a series of guided tours of its new state-of-the-art, world-class venue for arts and entertainment. Take advantage of the opportunity to go “behind the scenes” as the tours will include an opportunity to stand on the stage itself!
- Pre-Season $10 Teaser Concert featuring My Yellow Rickshaw – March 9, 2024 at 8pm
- Known as Indy’s “Self-Proclaimed #1 Pop, Rock, Bluegrass, R&B Cover Band!” - this rotating group of friends, neighbors, and musicians have been entertaining folks around Indianapolis with humor, variety, and seamless covers since 2009.
- Pre-Season $10 Teaser Concert featuring Indianapolis Chamber Orchestra – March 17, 2024 at 3pm
- Founded in 1984 and celebrating their 40th Anniversary, the mission of the Indianapolis Chamber Orchestra is to advance and promote music composed for the small orchestra through professional concert performances and education programs.
- Five for Fighting with String Quartet – April 5, 2024 at 8pm
- As part of the Spring 2024 season presented by Hendricks County Bank and Trust and supported by Hendricks Regional Health, Five for Fighting with String Quartet will open the brand-new Hendricks Live! Presents Series. The show will feature John Ondrasik — the songwriter and performer known as the platinum-selling, Grammy-nominated, Five For Fighting. To date, Five For Fighting, has released six studio LPs, including the platinum certified America Town and The Battle for Everything; and the top-10 charting Two Lights, along with an EP and live albums.
PRESALE TICKETS: Presale tickets for donors go on sale on Wednesday, January 17 at 9 am, and they will be available at hendrickslive.org/events. For more information about presale access as a donor perk, please visit www.hendrickslive.org/support or email [email protected].
TICKETS: Tickets go on sale this Friday, January 19 at 9 am, and they will be available at hendrickslive.org/events. For questions about purchasing tickets, please email [email protected].
Visit Hendricks Live! on social media:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HendricksLiveInc Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hendricksliveinc/ YouTube: https://youtube.com/@hendricksliveinc/