2022 Leaf Pickup
The 2022 Fall Leaf Season Pickup will begin on Monday, October 24th and continue through Friday, December 2nd, weather-permitting. There will not be leaf pickup Thursday and Friday, November 24th and 25th due to the Thanksgiving holiday. The schedule will remain the same as the past few years.
- Route 1: Monday: North of Main Street (US 40) West of Avon Avenue, inside Plainfield corporate limits
- Route 2: Tuesday: North of Main Street (US 40), East of Avon Avenue, inside Plainfield corporate limits
- Route 3: Wednesday: South of Main Street (US 40), East of S Mill Street, North of Stafford Road, inside Plainfield corporate limits
- Route 4: Thursday: East of S Center Street, North of Reeves Road, South of Stafford, inside Plainfield corporate limits
- Route 5: Friday: South of Main Street (US 40), West of White Lick Creek, plus everything South of Reeves Road, inside Plainfield corporate limits
The route map can be accessed at here.
The Town advises the following guidelines:
• Have leaves at the pickup site by 7 a.m.
• Know your route day.
• Have only leaves in the pile for pickup, or they will not be picked up. (Trash, debris, sticks, or limbs will NOT be picked up as they damage the vacuums.)
• Rake to the area between the sidewalk and curb.
• Leaf pile should be no more than 6 feet in width.
• Do NOT park vehicles near the pickup site.
• Do NOT rake leaves around obstacles (including mailboxes or basketball goals), or into street gutters. They will not be picked up.
These guidelines are to protect DPW employees, the Town of Plainfield equipment, and personal property. Many areas are difficult to maneuver the vehicles and vacuum hoses, especially cul-de-sacs.
Yard waste may be dropped off at the Plainfield Yard Waste Recycling Center at 700 S. CR 875 East, in Plainfield on Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Monday, November 28th. Please call 317-838-9332 if you have questions regarding the site.