Parks and Rec News
Richard A. Carlucci Recreation & Aquatic Center Implements New Precautions to Combat COVID-19
As we follow the guidance of Governor Holcomb, there are additional precautions the Richard A. Carlucci Recreation & Aquatic Center are taking to limit the local impact of COVID-19. The following precautions will be implemented on December 12:
- Overall capacity for the facility is 250 people.
- Due to the Governor's recommendation under "red" counties, all senior activities at the Carlucci Recreation & Aquatic Center will be postponed or held virtually. This includes Silver Sneakers aerobics classes, pickleball, water aerobics, and table tennis. Aerobics equipment can be loaned to any senior participating in classes virtually. An adjusted virtual aerobics schedule will be posted in the next few days.
- Indoor pool capacity will reduce to 12 people.
- Registration is required for all activities including basketball, group aerobics, lap swimming, and water walking. Registration is not required for working out in the fitness center.
- Rentals for our multi-purpose rooms and Interurban Depot are currently halted.
- Masks are still required upon entering and exiting the facility. They are optional as you participate in exercise.
- Social distancing is required at all times while in the facility.
- PJBL will continue with additional precautions and limited spectators.
- Click here to register for activities
Hendricks County’s COVID numbers are currently trending in the right direction. Because of that, the county is now considered an “Orange County” in accordance with Governor Holcomb’s color coded map.
While the Town of Plainfield will uphold the restrictions put in place last week when we moved into “Red County” status, Town leadership will re-evaluate restrictions with hopes to begin senior activities at the Richard A Carlucci Recreation & Aquatic Center on January 2, 2021.
In addition, the Town of Plainfield Town Council, recognizing the inconvenience these restrictions have placed on our members, have once again approved membership extensions. For those who had active memberships as of December 1, 2020, you will receive a 3 month extension to your Richard A. Carlucci Recreation & Aquatic Center membership.
Thank you in advance for your patience as we navigate these ever-changing times.