Parks and Rec News
BACK ON TRACK INDIANA, STAGE 4: Governor Eric Holcomb signed an Executive Order today to move Indiana into Stage 4 of his Back on Track plan.
So, what’s Stage 4 look like for us? The Town of Plainfield created a “Back to Work” plan weeks ago following the Governor’s plan.
• Friday playgrounds will reopen and this includes the Plainfield Skate Park.
• On Sunday, June 14th, the Richard A. Carlucci Recreation & Aquatic Center will be able to increase capacity to 250 people. The indoor courts will also be open for shoot around and pickleball only.
• The Indoor Splash Island Waterpark will also be reopened, however, there are no available classes or lap swim time for Sundays. So, classes will resume Monday, June 15th. The capacity for the indoor pool is 25 people, therefore it is imperative to sign up for both aquatics classes and lap swim to secure your spot.
• Group Fitness Classes are returning indoors, with aerobics classes being offered on Court 3 in the gymnasium and cycling classes are being offered in Room 139B. These classes are limited to 25 people per class, so patrons are encouraged to pre-register for aerobics classes as well.
• Playworld remains closed at this time.
• Silver Sneakers classes are still being offered virtually.
Visit this link to sign up for classes.
Patrons are still encouraged to practice physical distancing and to wipe equipment off before and after each use.
We appreciate your patience as we work through this next stage of the Back to Work plan.
Group fitness classes are returning.
While you can continue to tune in to our weekly virtual aerobics classes, join us for socially distant aerobics in the parks beginning May 26! Register online as class space is limited to 23 Carlucci Rec Center members per class, online registration requires an account and an active facility membership. Please call 317-839-7665 to receive account information. All classes will be held at Talon Stream Park which is along Pike Lane on the north side of Richard A. Carlucci Recreation and Aquatic Center.
BACK ON TRACK INDIANA, STAGE 3: Governor Eric Holcomb shared today that Indiana "has earned the ability to move froward" to Stage 3 of his Back on Track plan.
So, what’s Stage 3 look like for us? As of Sunday, May 24th, the Richard A. Carlucci Recreation Center re-opened to members only. The plan limits gatherings to 100 person capacity.