2019 Fall Leaf Pickup
The 2019 Fall Leaf Season Pickup will begin on Monday, October 21st and continue through Friday, December 6th, weather-permitting. There will not be leaf pickup Thursday and Friday, November 28th-29th due to the Thanksgiving holiday. The schedule will remain the same as the past few years.
- Route 1: Monday: North of Main Street (US 40) West of Avon Avenue, inside Plainfield corporate limits
- Route 2: Tuesday: North of Main Street (US 40), East of Avon Avenue, inside Plainfield corporate limits
- Route 3: Wednesday: South of Main Street (US 40), East of S Mill Street, North of Stafford Road, inside Plainfield corporate limits
- Route 4: Thursday: East of S Center Street, North of Reeves Road, South of Stafford, inside Plainfield corporate limits
- Route 5: Friday: South of Main Street (US 40), West of White Lick Creek, plus everything South of Reeves Road, inside Plainfield corporate limits
The route map can be accessed here.
The Town advises the following guidelines:
• Have leaves at the pickup site by 7 a.m.
• Know your route day.
• Have only leaves in the pile for pickup. (Neither trash, debris, sticks, or limbs will be picked up as they damage the vacuums.)
• Rake to the area between the sidewalk and curb.
• Leaf pile should be no more than about 6 feet in width.
• Do NO park cars at the pickup site.
• Do NOT rake put leaves around obstacles or into street gutters or they will not be picked up.
These guidelines are to protect DPW employees, the Town of Plainfield equipment, and personal property. Many areas are difficult to maneuver the vehicles and vacuum hoses, especially cul-de-sacs.
Yard waste may be dropped off at the Plainfield Yard Waste Recycling Center at 700 S. CR 875 East, in Plainfield on Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. through November 30th. Please call 317-838-9332 if you have questions regarding the site.
Ray's Trash allows up to 6 bags of leaves or leaves in a container to be picked up on regular trash days. Please call 317-539-2024 if you have questions for them.