The Plainfield Department of Public Works is responsible for capital asset management, which includes:
- Sewer collection
- Wastewater treatment
- Water distribution
- Water treatment
To view the Town’s construction standards, please view the Town Standards (PDF).
Site / Infrastructure Plan Review
To apply for Site/Infrastructure Plan Review, please use the Site-Infrastructure Plan Review (PDF), and follow its instructions.
Water & Sewer Applications
For water and sewer repair applications, please view the iWorQ website.
As of March 1, 2018, if you’re doing any kind of work in the Town’s right-of-way you’re required to apply online for a right-of-way permit at the iWorQ website. Public Works will no longer accept paper permits. If you’re not sure whether you’re working in the right-of-way, call Plainfield Public Works at 317-839-3490. Failure to obtain a permit or waiver may result in enforcement from the Town of Plainfield Public Works.
The following items are required for all right-of-way permits prior to approval.
- A $2,000 performance bond
- A detailed plan/drawing of work being performed in the right-of-way showing existing utilities and/or any traffic control plan and restoration plans if applicable.
What May Require a Permit
The following also require a right-of-way permit:
- Ramping or driving over the public sidewalk, walk path or trail
- Using the right-of-way as a point of entry into a job site
- Any residential water or sewer service line repair
- Driveway extensions
- Curb and Street cuts
- Impeding the flow of traffic or lane closures
- Dumpsters located on a public street
- Irrigation installation