- What stormwater drainage improvements is the Town making?
- Recently the Town identified 5 key projects based upon recommendations
from the Department of Public Works and the Town Engineer. The intent is to
make additional improvements following the completion of the 5 key projects as
funds become available. The projects are intended to accomplish the following
- Alleviate neighborhood and street flooding to resolve numerous drainage problems.
- Assist neighborhoods undergoing septic conversions with drainage improvements.
- Reduce the frequency and duration of combined sewage overflows by improving neighborhood drainage, and thereby reducing stormwater inflow and infiltration into the sanitary sewer system.
- Meet the regulatory requirements of the National Pollution Discharge
Elimination System permit as regulated by the Indiana Department of
Environmental Management and the U.S. Environmental Protection