The Department of Planning and Zoning for the Town of Plainfield is hereby established. The Department of Planning and Zoning shall consist of the Plan Commission, the Board of Zoning Appeals and Staff.
The Plan Commission may, by resolution, establish a Technical Advisory Committee. The purpose of the Technical Advisory Committee shall be to provide technical support to Staff as an aid in the review of applications or petitions for public hearing, applications for Improvement Location Permits, and in the preparation of written or verbal comments by Staff to the Plan Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals, Design Review Committee or Hearing Officer regarding all matters presented to such bodies for public hearing.
B. Administration of Planning and Zoning Authority.
The Department of Planning and Zoning shall administer the planning and zoning functions of the Town of Plainfield.
C. Duties and Powers of the Director.
1. It shall be the duty of the Director to supervise the general administration of the Department.
2. It shall be the duty of the Director to enforce and administer this Ordinance; receive and review all applications required by this Ordinance; issue Improvement Location Permits; and number and file all Certificates of Zoning Compliance.
3. The Director shall, when requested by the Plan Commission or Board of Zoning Appeals, or when the interests of the Town so require, make investigations in connection with matters referred to in this Ordinance and render written reports on the same.
4. The Director shall keep the records of the Department, including, without limitation, records of applications, permits issued, certificates issued, inspections made, reports rendered, and notices or orders issued. The Director shall maintain records of all final determinations and decisions of the Plan Commission and the Board of Zoning Appeals.
5. The Director shall transmit to the Plan Commission or Board of Zoning Appeals the recommendation of the Department on all applications, petitions, or matters requiring official action by the Plan Commission or Board of Zoning Appeals.
6. The Director shall maintain the Official Zone Maps and designate on the Official Zone Maps all map amendments granted under the terms of this Ordinance.
7. The Director shall provide and maintain information for the public relative to all matters arising out of this Ordinance.
8. The Director may designate Staff to assist in the daily administration of the duties and responsibilities set forth in this Ordinance.
9. The Director shall perform such other duties as the Plan Commission may direct in accordance with the provisions of this Ordinance.
When designated by the Director, Staff shall be charged with the administration of this Ordinance and, in particular, shall have the jurisdiction, authority and duties described below:
1. To conduct preliminary consultations with potential applicants regarding development proposals regulated by this Ordinance.
2. To review all Improvement Location Permit applications for compliance with the provisions of this Ordinance.
3. To issue Improvement Location Permits upon a determination that such permit application is in full compliance with all terms and provisions of this Ordinance, the Plainfield Subdivision Control Ordinance, and all other duly adopted applicable ordinances, rules or regulations of the Town of Plainfield.