The advisory planning law is hereby re-adopted and the Town of Plainfield Plan Commission, is hereby re-established in accordance with Indiana Code 36-7-4-200 etseq.
B. Membership, Qualifications and Terms.
The membership of the Plan Commission, the qualification of its members and the terms of membership shall be in accordance with Indiana Code 36-7-4-200 etseq.
C. Duties and Powers.
The Plan Commission is hereby vested with the duties and powers imposed upon and granted to an advisory plan commission under the advisory planning law, including, without limitation, the powers and duties listed below. To effectuate the purposes of this Ordinance, the Plan Commission may, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws:
1. Supervise and make rules for the administration of the affairs of the Plan Commission;
2. Prescribe uniform rules pertaining to investigations and hearings, and other matters authorized by Indiana Planning and Zoning Laws;
3. Keep a complete record of all departmental proceedings;
4. Record and file all bonds and contracts and assume responsibility for the custody and preservation of all papers and documents of the Plan Commission;
5. Prepare, publish and distribute reports, ordinances and other material related to the Plan Commission activities authorized by Indiana State Law or this Ordinance;
6. Adopt a seal;
7. Certify to all official acts;
8. Supervise the fiscal affairs of the Plan Commission;
9. Prepare and submit an annual budget and be limited in all expenditures to the provisions made for expenditures by the Town Council;
10. Prescribe the qualifications of, appoint, remove, and fix the compensation of the employees of the Plan Commission;
11. Delegate authority to its employees to perform ministerial acts in all cases except where final action of the Plan Commission is necessary;
12. Designate a hearing examiner or a committee of the commission to conduct any public hearing required to be held by the Plan Commission;
13. Make recommendations to the Town Council concerning:
a. The adoption of the Comprehensive Plan and amendments to the Comprehensive Plan;
b. The adoption or text amendment of this Ordinance or the Plainfield Subdivision Control Ordinance;
c. The adoption or amendment of a PUD District Ordinance; and,
d. Proposals to change the Official Zone Maps;
14. Render decisions concerning and approve Plats or replats of Subdivisions;
15. Render decisions concerning Development Plans and amendments to Development Plans;
16. Assign Street numbers to Lots and Structures, renumber Lots and Structures, and to name or rename Streets;
17. Establish advisory committees of citizens;
18. Establish executive committees;
19. Negotiate for grants-in-aid and agree to terms and conditions attached to such grants-in-aid;
20. Subject to final confirmation and approval by the Town Council of the Town of Plainfield, establish a schedule of reasonable fees to defray the administrative costs connected with:
a. processing and hearing administrative appeals and petitions for zone map change, special exceptions, variances, planned unit development approvals, and Development Plan approvals;
b. issuing Improvement Location Permits and special exception permits; and,
c. other official actions taken under this Ordinance;
21. Invoke any legal, equitable, or special remedy available under this Ordinance or applicable law for the enforcement of the provisions of this Ordinance or actions taken hereunder;
22. Establish an alternate procedure for the more expedient disposition of variances of Development Standards, special exceptions, variances of use and adopt rules governing the alternate procedure; and,
23. Exercise all powers conferred on it by State law, local ordinance, or rule in the manner so prescribed. This Article shall not be construed as a limitation on such powers.