RESOLUTION DESIGNATING ECONOMIC REVITALIZATION AREA AND QUALIFYING CERTAIN REAL PROPERTY AND IMPROVEMENTS FOR TAX ABATEMENT
WHEREAS, the Town Council of the Town of Plainfield, Indiana adopted a Tax Abatement Procedures Ordinance on March 24, 1997; and
WHEREAS, pursuant to said Tax Abatement Procedures Ordinance, Browning/Duke, LLC, has filed with the Town Council of the Town of Plainfield, Indiana an “Application for Deduction from Assessed Valuation, Real Property and Improvements in an Economic Revitalization Area, pursuant to I.C. 6-1.1-12.1-1-1 et. seq.” on March 28, 2012; and
WHEREAS, said Application has been reviewed by the staff of the Tax Abatement Committee and Town Council of the Town of Plainfield, Indiana, the application has been considered at a duly held public meeting of said Town Council and the Town has received from the applicant the requisite filing fee.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE TOWN COUNCIL OF THE TOWN OF PLAINFIELD, INDIANA, AS FOLLOW:
1. Declaration of Economic Revitalization Area. It is hereby declared by the Town Council of the Town of Plainfield, Indiana that the real estate described in Exhibit A attached hereto and made a part hereof, is, and shall hereafter be, deemed an “economic revitalization area” as that phrase is used and intended under the provisions of Indiana Code Sections 6-1.1-12.1-1 et. seq.
2. Real Property and Improvements. The Town Council of the Town of Plainfield, Indiana hereby further declares that any and all improvements placed upon the real estate described in Exhibit A attached hereto, after the date of the adoption of this Resolution by the Town Council shall, along with the said real estate, be eligible for property tax abatement pursuant to the provisions of I.C. 6-1.1-12.1-1 et. seq.
3. Maps and Location of Economic Revitalization Area. Attached hereto and made a part hereof as Exhibit B is a map showing the real estate herein declared to be an “economic revitalization area” as a result of the adoption of this resolution.
4. Compliance with Applicable Resolution and Statues. It is hereby declared by the Town Council of the Town of Plainfield, Indiana that the Application of Browning/Duke, LLC heretofore filed complies in all respects with the Tax Abatement Procedure Ordinance No. 5-97 adopted March 24, 1997 and all governing Indiana statutes, and that said Application, in all respects, is hereby granted and approved.
5. No Limitations or Restrictions. It is hereby declared by the Town Council of Plainfield, Indiana that based on the Town of Plainfield's Tax Abatement Procedures Ordinance No. 5-97 adopted on March 24, 1997, allowance for a ten (10) year Abatement Duration as requested by Browning/Duke, LLC, meets the requirements of the Tax Abatement Procedures Ordinance.
6. Effective Date. This Resolution shall be effective immediately upon its passage, subject to the notice and hearing provisions of I.C. 6-1.1-2.1-2.5. The hearing contemplated by said statute shall be held at the time and place of the regular meeting of the Town Council of the Town of Plainfield, Indiana on April 23 12, 2012, to wit: Plainfield Town Hall, 206 W. Main Street, Plainfield, Indiana, 7:00 p.m. At such meeting the Town Council shall take final action determining whether the qualifications for an economic revitalization area (as to the real estate) have been met, and shall confirm, modify and confirm, or rescind the Resolution. Such determination and final action by the Council shall be binding upon all affected parties; subject to the appeal procedures contemplated by I.C. 6-1.1-12.1-1 et. seq.
7. Filing With Hendricks County Authorities. Upon the adoption of this Resolution, the Clerk-Treasurer of the Town of Plainfield, Indiana shall cause a certified copy of this Resolution, including the legal description of the aforedescribed real estate and attached map, to be filed with the Hendricks County Assessor and/or such other Hendricks County Government officials as shall be necessary to make Browning/Duke, LLC eligible to file for property tax abatement as to the real property and improvements contemplated by the Application heretofore reviewed and approved.
Adopted by the Town Council of the Town of Plainfield, Indiana this 9th day of April, 2012.