- RESOLUTION NO 2003-32
- RESOLUTION SETTING FORTH FINAL ACTION IN DETERMINING THAT THE
QUALIFICATIONS FOR AN ECONOMIC REVITALIZATION AREA HAVE BEEN
MET AND CONFIRMING RESOLUTION NO. 2003-31 OF October 13, 2003
- WHEREAS, the Town Council of the Town of Plainfield, Indiana adopted a Tax Abatement Procedures Ordinance on March 24, 1997; and
- WHEREAS, pursuant to said Tax Abatement Procedures Ordinance, Opus North Corporation (Opus) has filed with the Town Council of the Town of Plainfield, Indiana, an "Application for Deduction From Assessed Valuation, Real Property and Improvements in an Economic Revitalization Area, pursuant to I.C. 6-1.1-2.1-1 et seq."; and
- WHEREAS, at a duly constituted meeting of the Town Council of the Town of Plainfield, Indiana held on October 13, 2003 said Town Council reviewed and approved said Application and declared certain real estate within the Town of Plainfield, Indiana, to be an "Economic Revitalization Area" pursuant to the specifications of Resolution No. 2003-31 adopted and approved that date; and
- WHEREAS, pursuant to I.C. 6-1.1-12.1-1 et. seq. the Town Council of the Town of Plainfield, Indiana has properly published "Notice of Public Hearing by the Town Council of Plainfield, Indiana Regarding Designation of Area as Economic Revitalization Area"; and
- WHEREAS, no remonstrances, written or oral, have been filed with regard to Resolution No. 2003-31 stating opposition, of any type or character, to said Resolution, or the designation of the real estate described therein as an "Economic Revitalization Area"; and
- NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE TOWN COUNCIL OF THE TOWN OF PLAINFIELD, INDIANA AS FOLLOWS:
- 1. Final Action. After legally required public notice, and after public hearing pursuant to such notice, the Town Council of the Town of Plainfield, Indiana hereby takes "final action", as that phrase is defined in I.C. 6-1.1-12.1-1 et. seq. with regard to the aforestated Application of Opus and the adoption of Resolution No. 2003-31 on October 13, 2003.
- 2. Confirmation of Resolution No. 2003-31. It is hereby declared by the Town Council of the Town of Plainfield, Indiana that Resolution 2003-31, adopted on October 13, 2003 is in all respects hereby confirmed, and it is hereby stated that the qualifications for an economic revitalization area have been met by Opus as to the real estate described in Exhibit A of Resolution No. 2003-31.
- 3. Effective Date. This Resolution shall be effective immediately upon its passage, subject to any right of appeal as provided by State law.
- 4. Filing with Hendricks County Authorities. Upon the adoption of this Resolution, the Clerk-Treasurer of the Town of Plainfield, Indiana shall cause a certified copy of this Resolution to be filed with the Hendricks County Assessor and/or such other Hendricks County government officials as shall be necessary to make Opus eligible to file for real estate tax abatement as to the real property improvements contemplated by the Application heretofore reviewed and approved by Resolution No. 2003-31 and ratified and confirmed by this Resolution.
- Adopted by the Town Council of the Town of Plainfield, Indiana this 27th day of October 2003.
TOWN COUNCIL, TOWN OF PLAINFIELD
HENDRICKS COUNTY, INDIANA:
Robin G. Brandgard
Robert M. Ward
Dan P. Young
Juliana M. Mitchell,