- ORDINANCE NO. 24-2003
- AN ORDINANCE ANNEXING CERTAIN TERRITORY CONTIGUOUS TO THE
TOWN OF PLAINFIELD, INDIANA, PLACING THE SAME WITHIN THE
CORPORATE BOUNDARIES THEREOF AND MAKING THE SAME AS PART OF THE TOWN OF PLAINFIELD AND REDEFINING THE CORPORATE BOUNDARIES OF THE TOWN OF PLAINFIELD, INDIANA, REFERED TO AS THE DUKE ANNEXATION
- BE IT ORDAINED by the Town of Plainfield, Hendricks County, Indiana, that:
- WHEREAS, the property sought to be annexed is situated out side the corporate boundaries of the municipal Town of Plainfield, Hendricks County, Indiana: but is one-quarter (1/4) contiguous to the corporate boundaries; and
- WHEREAS, in connection with I.C. 36-4-3-13 a written fiscal plan has been prepared by the Town of Plainfield's Office of Town Manager for said annexation; and
- WHEREAS, responsible planning and State law require adoption of a fiscal plan and a definite policy for the provision of services to annexed areas; and
- WHEREAS, Plainfield Town Council Resolution No. 2003-26 provides for the adoption of a written fiscal plan.
- NOW THEREFORE, by the powers vested in the town council of the Town of Plainfield, Hendricks County, Indiana, it is hereby ORDERED AND ORDAINED that:
- Section 1 In accordance with I.C. 36-4-3-1 et seq. which authorized the Plainfield Town Council to declare and define the corporate boundaries of the Town of Plainfield, Indiana, said corporate boundaries are hereby extended to include said real estate, which real estate is more particularly described and attached hereto and made a part hereof and marked Exhibit "A" (on file at the Clerk-Treasurer's Office, 206 W. Main St., Plainfield, IN 46168).
- Section 2 The above described annexation is done in accordance with I.C. 36-4-3-1 et seq. and the Town of Plainfield has prepared a fiscal plan and study on said annexation which plan has been adopted by the Plainfield Town Council Resolution No. 2003-26 on August 25, 2003.
- Section 3 The territory annexed by this Ordinance is assigned to Town Council Ward No.4.
- Section 4 The sections, paragraphs, sentences, clauses and phrases of this ordinance are separable, and if any phrase, clause, sentence, paragraph or section of this ordinance shall be declared unconstitutional, invalid or unenforceable by the valid judgment or decree of a court of competent jurisdiction, such constitutionality, invalidity or unenforceability shall not effect any of the remaining phrases, clauses, sentences, paragraphs and sections of this ordinance.
- Section 5 This ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage, approval and publication according to law.
- SAID ORDINANCE OF ANNEXATION is hereby passed and adopted this 8th day of September, 2003.
TOWN COUNCIL, TOWN OF PLAINFIELD
HENDRICKS COUNTY, INDIANA:
Robin G. Brandgard
Robert M. Ward
Dan P. Young
Juliana Mitchell, Clerk Treasurer of
the Town of Plainfield, Indiana