Splash Island - Rules & Safety
Splash Island Lifeguards are trained annually by Jeff Ellis & Associates, National Pool & Waterpark Lifeguard Training Program.
Swim Safely! Splash Island is staffed by award winning, professionally trained lifeguards. Please follow the direction of the lifeguards at all times. Guardians are responsible for supervising their children; lifeguards are responsible for responding to emergencies. Splash Island and the parking areas are under video surveillance at all times. Please report any observed dangerous or unusual behavior to the park supervisors at once. Please stay within arms reach of your young children at all times.
Guardians are responsible for supervising their children; lifeguards are responsible for responding to emergencies. Follow the direction of the lifeguards at all times.
Splash Island's Rules Are As Follows:
- Appropriate swimwear must be worn in the pool at all times. Swim trunks must have a liner – basketball type shorts are not acceptable.
- Splash Island is a family facility: no inappropriate behavior, language, or apparel.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on any town property. Drugs are against the law anywhere. Individuals who appear to be intoxicated will be reported to the Plainfield Police Department.
- Guests under 13 years of age must be accompanied by an adult guardian at all times.
- Guests 8 years old and under and those who cannot swim must be within arms reach of an adult guardian at all times.
- Guests riding water slides must be at least 48" tall. Guests using diving well must know how to swim well. A swim test may be required for those who wish to use deep water attractions.
- The park or individual attractions are subject to closure or restricted use due to unforeseen circumstances such as dangerous or very poor weather, storm activity in the area, low attendance, dangerous conditions, maximum facility capacity, maintenance, or recreation department programs.
- Other than US Coast Guard approved, properly fitting lifejackets, no flotation devices are permitted in the water.
- Do not bring valuables or excessive cash into the park. Be sure to lock your locker.
- Plainfield Parks & Recreation is not responsible for, is not insured for, and will not reimburse guests for property loss or damage while visiting Splash Island.
- All items brought into the park may be searched at any time by park staff or Plainfield Police.
- No loitering is permitted in the parking areas or recreation center grounds.
- Passes out of the park are not permitted. If a guest leaves the facility, admission will be charged to re-enter.