Department of the Clerk-Treasurer Objectives
The duties of the Clerk-Treasurer's office include:
- Administering payroll for the Town.
- Administering billing and accounting for Town utilities.
- Investing on behalf of the Town.
- Processing the Town expenditures.
- Preparing the budget estimates of revenue and financial statements to the Town Council managing Town records.
- Serving as the clerk of the Town Council with duties such as recording proceedings and maintaining records.
- Managing all financial accounts for the Town. We are proud to say that all general obligation bonds issued by the Town of Plainfield carry a "AA-" rating per Standard & Poor's Rating Service as evidenced in the following documents: 1) Bond document 1 2) Bond document 2